Because it might be useful for some things. Like writing posts about taking partial screenshots on a Mac.
OK that looks easy. In more details:
- Step 1: Press and hold the command key (⌘)
- Step 2: While still holding the command key (⌘), press and hold the shift key (⇧)
- Step 3: While still holding the other two keys, command (⌘) + shift (⇧), press and hold the ‘4’ key
- Step 4: Move the crosshair to the top left of the section you want to capture
- Step 5: Click and hold the mouse button
- Step 6: Drag the crosshair to the bottom-right of the section you want to capture
- Step 7: Let go of the mouse button and you should hear a clicking sound
- Step 8: The screenshot will now be on your desktop, named ‘Screen Shot YYYY-MM-DD at hh.mm.ss xm’
That was easy.